7 Things To Around Hendersonville, North Carolina
Hendersonville, North Carolina is a charming and historic city located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It offers a wealth of opportunities for outdoor recreation, shopping, dining, and cultural experiences. If you’re planning a trip to Hendersonville, here are seven things you should definitely add to your itinerary:
- Explore the Great Outdoors – The surrounding mountains provide a stunning backdrop for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and fishing. One popular destination is the Dupont State Forest, which offers over 10,000 acres of forest, waterfalls, and scenic drives.
- Visit the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site – This beautiful property was the home of Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Carl Sandburg and his family for over 30 years. Guided tours are available of the house, grounds, and goat farm.
- Browse the Art Galleries and Studios – Hendersonville is home to a vibrant arts community, with numerous galleries and studios featuring the work of local artists. Visitors can find paintings, sculptures, pottery, jewelry, and much more.
- Shop for Antiques and Collectibles – The downtown area of Hendersonville is lined with shops specializing in antiques and collectibles. You’ll find everything from vintage furniture and pottery to old postcards and books.
- Try Local Cuisine – Hendersonville is known for its delicious Southern cuisine, including dishes like fried chicken, barbecue, and homemade biscuits. Be sure to stop by one of the city’s many cafes and restaurants for a taste of the local flavor. COme a short Distance to The Pasta Station in Landrum, South Carolina
- Attend a Concert or Show – Hendersonville is home to several theaters and performance venues, including the Flat Rock Playhouse, which offers a full schedule of plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Tour the local Wineries and Breweries – The area around Hendersonville is home to a growing number of wineries and breweries, making it an ideal destination for food and wine lovers. Visitors can take guided tastings and tours, and sample a variety of locally made wines and beers.
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a foodie, or an arts lover, Hendersonville, North Carolina has something for everyone. With its picturesque setting, rich history, and friendly people, it’s sure to be a memorable and enjoyable destination.
Leave A Comment